AppDynamics caters to larger enterprises and offers a SaaS APM option as well as an on-premise option. Self-described as an application intelligence platform, AppDynamics monitors application performance and then derives insights into how application performance is impacting business operations. From data collection to processing and then deriving knowledge from your data, AppDynamics provides full visibility into exactly how application performance is affecting your business.
- Languages: .NET, Java, PHP, C++, Python, Node.js
- End-to-end transaction tracing
- Code level visibility
- Dynamic baselining and alerting
Cost: $230 per month per server
Dynatrace (Compuware APM)
DynaTrace, previously known as Compuware APM, is touted as the first self-learning Application Performance Monitoring Software. Through its agent is provides auto-discovered topology visualizations of applications and their components. This sets DynaTrace apart as an application performance tool. However, the one thing to keep in mind is that it takes time to learn. You may have to wait for enough data points to come in before you stop seeing false positives.
- Languages: .NET, Java
- SaaS or On-premise
- Visualizes application topology, deployments and environment changes in real-time.
- Performance issues in web-scale applications discovered with artificial intelligence.
- Auto-discovers all application components and dependencies end-to-end.
- Entire application topology is visualized in an interactive infographic.
- Dynatrace automatic baselining learns, how your application works.
Cost: $216 per month per server for SaaS version